Sara Boyd BSc Environmental Health MIOSH
Tel:+353 1 402 4490
Fax:+353 1 402 4495
Sara Boyd obtained her BSc Environmental Health at the Dublin Institute of Technology following which she gained experience in Environmental Management with Aer Rianta. She is a member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health. Her research experience includes participation in studies on safety behaviour in the construction industry undertaken for the Health and Safety Authority and the Health and Safety Executive in Northern Ireland; and an assessment of safety attitudes and climate in the catering sector. She lectures in the Faculty in Occupational Safety Management, Risk Management, Environmental Management and Food Safety/Hygiene incorporating HACCP to degree level students.
- Safety Behaviour in the Food and Construction Sectors
- Assessment of Safety Attitudes and Climate
- Risk Management in Pre-School Facilities
- Manual Handling in the Nursing Home Sector
Current Research Projects
- Currently completing a PhD on the Impact of Safety Training on Safety Performance
- Boyd, S (2001). Occupational Health and Safety in the Retail Food Sector in Ireland. Annual Environmental Health Officers Association Yearbook 2001.
- Boyd, S (2000). Every Step Counts - preventing slips and trips. The St. Paul STAT, Medical Liability and Risk Management Newsletter, Winter Edition 2000, pp10-11.
- Boyd, S and Hrymak, V (1999). Accident Frequency and Costs in the Retail Food Sector in Ireland. Health and Safety Review Journal 4, (7).
- Boyd, S and Hrymak, V (1999). Safety Management in the Retail Food Sector in Ireland. Poster Presentation for the 4th International Congress on Medical-Legal Aspects of Work Injuries, June 1999. Toronto,
- Boyd, S and Hrymak, V (1998). Health & Safety in the Retail Food Sector in Ireland. Paper presented at the DIT First International Postgraduate Research Conference, November 1998. Dublin.